Except under special circumstances and agreed in writing by Lecteron, all contracts are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Any general Terms and Conditions printed on the Recipient’s Enrollment form, purchase orders or related documents shall not be applicable if they are contrary to these Terms and Conditions, if not expressly accepted in writing by Lecteron. For the interpretation of the trade conditions, the contract is governed by relevant legislation in South Africa in force on the date of written acceptance of the order or service with Lecteron
2. CONTRACT FORMATION
The contract is viable under following conditions-
1. Recipient’s/Participant’s order or enrollment is confirmed by Lecteron by e-mail, fax or letter.
2. The order is made by telephone, and it is confirmed over the phone by Lecteron. Also, the Recipient/Participant agrees not to discuss the validity of the contract when formed through mutual agreement during a telephone conversation.
3. RECIPIENT/PARTICIPANT ACCEPTANCE
1. Recipient’s [also referred to Participant] as orders [also referred to as ‘’enrollment’’] are binding on Lecteron only if Lecteron has not refused such orders within 10 days after receipt of a registered letter, the postal date being conclusive. Lecteron can indeed subordinate the validity of the contract to additional conditions to these relating for example to the good execution of the obligations resulting from the contract. Lecteron reserves the right to refuse an order for enrollment for technical or organisational problems such as: a too important a number of participants, the impossibility to rent a suitable venue or the absence of a lecturer, this list being non exhaustive.
2. All orders are definitive and irrevocable for the Recipient/Participant, subject however to 12 of these Terms and Conditions. Accordingly, any amendment, including a change of participant/Participant, will be submitted to Lecteron for acceptance in writing. The modification shall be communicated at least 15 days prior to the date of the service commencing and will incur, unless otherwise agreed to in writing, a administration charge is applicable. Moreover, the non-attendance of a registered participant/Participant to a programme will entail payment of the full fee.
3. In case the Recipient/Participant cancels or amends its initial delivering instructions, Lecteron has the right to invoice the goods/services and retain them on Recipient’s/Participant’s account at Recipient’s/Participant’s risk and expenses until reception of definitive instructions.
4. PRICE AND CHANGE OF PRICE
Any taxes, levies, duties, insurance and transportation costs arising after delivery or resulting from the service are for Recipient’s account. Until acceptance of the order by Lecteron, prices indicated by Lecteron can be changed at any time. Prices are not negotiable unless a discount has been previously agreed upon between Lecteron and the Recipient/Participant.
1. Delivery periods are purely indicative. Lecteron does not guarantee delivery of products and/or services within the period specified.
2. Lecteron has the right for any reason to substitute or change faculty or staff for any programme without notice prior to or during the course of any programme.
3. No part of any programme may be considered to be the provision of professional advice which may be relied on by any particular Participant/Participant (such as, without limitation, investment, legal, accounting or financial advice)
6. PARTICIPANT/PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITY
1. Participants/Participants are, unless otherwise agreed with Lecteron in advance, solely responsible for deciding whether any service offered by Lecteron is suitable, and should inform themselves in advance of the service details, criteria and requirements.
2. Participants/Participants are bound to comply with any Lecteron policies or regulations concerning any particular programme or in relation to using Lecteron facilities. Lecteron reserves the right to remove any Participant from a programme for material non-compliance or unsuitability, in which case no refund will be due.
7. COPYRIGHTS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
1. All intellectual property associated with Lecteron and its programmes remain the exclusive property of Lecteron and/or its faculty unless otherwise specified and agreed with Lecteron before the commencement of the Programme. Intellectual property includes, without being limited to, all methodologies, know-how, training materials, information, articles, data, programmes, tests, web sites and web site content and other documentation originated or authored by Lecteron, its faculty or by Lecteron employees or agents and/or used by Lecteron in its programmes.
2. All materials produced and/or distributed by Lecteron for use by Client/Participant or Participant can only serve for authorised purposes connected to the programme and shall not be reproduced, distributed, licensed, assigned or exploited for any other purposes without Lecteron’s explicit written authorisation. All useful concepts, methods, procedures, processes and improvements of any nature, made or conceived during the delivery of any programmes in relation to the intellectual property shall remain the sole property of Lecteron.
8. PAYMENT AND TERMS OF PAYMENT
1. Lecteron’s course fees are payable latest one month prior to the programme’s starting date or upon receipt of the invoice provided it is issued less than one month before the starting date of the programme.
2. Late payment: any invoice unpaid on due date shall, immediately and without prior notice, bear an daily cumulative interest of 1% as well as a contractual indemnity for administrative costs of 25% of the remaining due amount with a minimum of Rs 1000. Lecteron reserves the right to claim a reasonable compensation for all relevant recovery costs incurred because of late payment, without prejudice of its right to claim back judicial costs.
3. Absence of payment: if Recipient/Participant fails to pay, Lecteron reserves the right to suspend all deliveries of goods or services until full payment of all due amounts by Recipient/Participant.
4. Means of payment: Lecteron’s invoices are payable by electronic funds or bank transfer into the company’s bank accounts as written on the invoice – net of bank charges – or by credit card (Amex, Mastercard, Eurocard, Visa).
09. APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
For Participants who are a resident of the U.S.A., this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Delaware and the courts in Delaware shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any matter relating to, in connection with, or arising out of, this Agreement.
For Participants who are not a resident of the U.S.A., this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of India and the courts in Bangalore, India shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any matter relating to, in connection with, or arising out of, this Agreement.
10. CANCELLATION OF CONTRACT
Lecteron is aware that urgent unforeseen events may occasionally happen between the Participants/Recipient’s registration/enrollment to a programme and the date of the programme, making it impossible for the Recipient/Participant to attend. However, due to the Recipient’s/Participant’s late notification, other participants may be unable to attend. This is why the following conditions shall apply whenever the Participant/Recipient books a seat to one of Lecteron’s programmes:
- A colleague of same level or experience may take the Recipient’s/Participants place provided that this is communicated at least 20 working days before the start of the programme and subject to administration charges as set forth in 3 of these Terms and Conditions.
- If Recipient decides to postpone to a later outing of the programme and/or cancels his/her participation at least 20 working days beforehand, he/she is subject to administrative costs as set forth in of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Recipient/Participant fails to comply with the above conditions or notification is received within 20 days before start date, registration fees and costs shall be due in full.